I was wondering how to change which organization my 10% contribution goes to.

Be the first one to like this!
Staci Bakanowsky
Staci Bakanowsky

Please contact out customer care team at 844 TPO-TEAM and they will be able to help you.

Houston Navarro
Houston Navarro

Note that not all organizations actually accrue enough contributions to trigger a payout check. So, when you choose, if it's a really obscure organization that no other TPO customer has selected, they will never likely see a check, based on your limited contribution to the cause.

Staci Bakanowsky
Staci Bakanowsky

We do keep track and when causes hit $50 in donations, they receive a check. I don't have the percentage of total causes across the UK and US. As you can imagine, bigger well known causes are often nominated, but we have hundreds of smaller causes nominated as well.
Don't be discouraged by supporting a small cause, they are often the ones that need the greatest support. We have plenty of small causes supported by just one or two people ,you'll be surprised how the amounts start to add up.
All the more reason to get your friends on board and to let the cause you support know about TPO which will help them hit $50 quicker.

Houston Navarro
Houston Navarro

Wikipedia says that the company is paying less than 3.8% of gross income to nominated causes, and it is reliably sourced. Assuming that most of the company's gross income comes from customers' wireless accounts (where else would it come from?), then that means that it's not really "starting to add up" for a lot of charities that are not getting paid. Oh, by the way, the company's stock share price is down 43% today. Staci might want to get her resume out there.